Friday, August 31, 2012

PAST LIVES, "OVERSOUL SEVEN" and THE BIBLE


Seeing as time is experienced  as a linear thing by the Body, and more as a gestalt sort of thing by Spirit (Notice how time moves about and is perceived in dreams) then to describe Past Lives as a linear kind of thing is probably not how it works. That is just a body's interpretation of a spiritual reality. Spirit isn't bound to time and space as the physical world is.

I have considered the phenomenon of multiple lives, existing like the seperate fingers attached to a single hand (like the "Oversoul Seven" concept, to any who are familiar with Jane Roberts's Seth material). Each life and its consciousness and personality, belongs to itself, and its Now is accessible from the Now of any other life to which it is connected. 

Lately, though, I am thinking of how all humanity, broken down into individual points of life, consciousness and experience, is still a single net, a complex of connected energies. This implies that we are all potentially connected to any other human life (across time and space, because it is a spiritual reality, not a physical one).  This idea of a network of lives clicks neatly into place with other pieces of the Past-Life part of my puzzle. 

By the way, some of those pieces I found in reading the Bible, in both old and new Testaments.  I've never been good at memorizing scripture and verse numbers, and have not tried to much, because I always find very interesting things in searching for the one particular one I want.

Anyway, there is at least one piece to be found in one of the Books of Kings, in the stories of Elijah and Elisha, at the time of Elijah's death.  Another is in one of the Gospels in a statement by Jesus that begins, "My Father loves me because I lay down my life and pick it up again of my own will." 

If you find the Bible a useful spiritual resource, I recommend finding those passages, and consider what they might mean for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment